Pastor Adeboye predicts that variants of COVID-19 will defy vaccines
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has released his prediction for the year 2021, with a veiled warning that finding permanent solutions to the coronavirus ravaging the world would be hard to come by until the whole humanity admit to the supremacy of God.
Adeboye is revered within and outside Nigeria for humility and tremendous move of God in his life.
Like other Nigerian pastors, he has the tradition of releasing annual prophesies for a new year during his annual cross over service held on December 31 of the receding year to the early hours of the new year.
The General Overseer, who is fondly called Daddy GO by members of the RCCG and millions of his admirers within and outside the country, usually gives three categories of prediction: Internationl, Nigeria, Indiviuals and RCCG.
In his prophecy for 2021 released at the Redemption Camp Kilometre 46, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Ogun State, Nigeria, Adeboye, while not mentioning the name of the virus, gave the impression that the relief expected to come from vaccines being put out against coronavirus might short lived as new variants of the virus that will be resistant to the vaccines would emerge.
“For every vaccine discovered, there is already a variant in the making,” he predicted.
He said that this would be the patron “until the high and mighty admit at safety is of the Lord.”
Here is the full prophesy as he released in early hours of Friday:
1. Some of the things that happened in 2020 will spill over into 2021.
2. The world as a whole can only come out of the wounds when they admit the following;
1) That it is the Most High that rules in the affairs of men not science. Daniel 4:25.
2) That it is God that gives wisdom to the wise. Daniel 2:20-21.
3) That God can reduce the so called wisdom of man to foolishness. 1 Corinthians 1:19-20. 4)
4) That for every vaccine discovered, there is already a variant in the making. This will continue until the high and mighty admit that safety is of the Lord. Proverbs 21:31.
5) God says He will begin to deal with nations on individual basis so that in any nation, if God's people will humble themselves and pray, He will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
1. God wants us in Nigeria to know that only God can lift a siege. 2 Kings 7:1-end
2. The humble who put their trust in God will see the end of the siege. James 4:6
3. The erstwhile ignored will become vessels unto honour in God's hands. 1 Corinthians 1:27
4. God says there will be sounds from heaven.
1. Your very survival and restoration will be in your own hands. Psalm 91
Your pastors will let you know in your various parishes.
He had earlier at the beginning of the pandemic predicted to Nigeria and other Africa countries would be spared major devastation by the virus as another way of God proving that he is in charge.
According to Adeboye then, many advanced countries of the would would be wondering why people were not dying on the streets of Nigeria and other African countries as they had predicted given the poor health facilities on the continent.
He said that God brought the virus as as way of forcing the world into holidays (via lockdowns) and making them spare some thought for God.
RCCG leader predicted that the virus would remain like other viral diseases like flu.