Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation (VITSAF) announce its Charity event titled ‘Vitiligo Purple Evening’
Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation (VITSAF) is a new not-for-profit patient – driven organisation incorporated in Nigeria. It is the only organisation presently in West Africa concerned about the needs of persons distressed by Vitiligo - Blacks turning white.
According to the Founder/Executive Director of the Foundation, Ogo Maduewesi, activities @ Vitiligo Purple Evening are:-
• Premier of Documentary on Vitiligo (the very first in Africa), Dir. By Izu Ojukwu
• Presentation of our maiden edition of 'Skin of Colour & Appearance' quarterly newsletter
• Launching our fundraising project 'Project 1,000'
• Entertainment, Infotainment and Edutainment
Documentary on Vitiligo - This gives the much desired insight into what Vitiligo as a condition is really all about. This is an opportunity to learn more about the condition King of Pop MJ had that eventually led to his change in skin colour.
The emotional, psychosocial and psychological impact of Vitiligo is made explicit as you get to hear from Vitiligo sufferers themselves, the Dermatologists and Psychologists. I am happy to announce that this is about the first Vitiligo Documentary in Africa. If you are a Health Organization, a Social Service Organisation, a company into skin care, corrective make-up products and a concerned stakeholder & citizen, here is an opportunity for you to learn more about this neglected and chronic skin condition called Vitiligo. Because so many people have said that Vitiligo is no issue, the Documentary will further align with WHO definition of Health which states thus 'Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. WHO'
We are raising funds for
• Our Resource Centre (office space & resource materials) – which will be a one stop point for anyone distressed by Vitiligo or related condition in Africa, will enable the Foundation deliver some of its core objectives such as dissemination of information, library for resource materials on skin condition, remedies or alleviating the condition (Vitiligo Lifestyle Products), corrective makeup studio, counselling, support, seminars & workshops.
• Vitiligo Awareness and public enlightenment campaign through media – Visuals – TV Fillers, Radio PSA's and Print (comics, newsletter).
• Intending headquarters in Lagos, Branch office in Abuja and Vitiligo Support Group offices in all 36 States of the federation, across West Africa to take our support and impact closer to the target market.
• Empowering the Disfigured Project
• General Operating Support
'Vitiligo Purple Evening' will be held on Date: Sunday, July 18th, 2010.
Venue: Dike Hall, Air Force HQ 1 Kofo Abayomi St Victoria Island, Lagos
The event will be compered by Julius Agwu and Matse Uwatse (Wazobia FM) and will have in attendance other dignitaries and celebrities.
Expected at the 'Vitiligo Purple Evening' are the media, celebrities, entertainers, everyday people, and professionals in healthcare industry, image consultants, Vitiligo patients and concerned members of the public.
Ogo Maduewesi, the Founder/Executive Director calls on all philanthropic concerned members of the public to identify with this worthy cause Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation (VITSAF) in any way you are comfortable with, through Sponsorship, Support or otherwise.
You will be helping to impact positively lives of millions of persons around West Africa living in misery, rejection, segregated upon and already dead emotionally and psychologically.
Encourage us to impact these lives positively to get all back to normal lives!