Senator Jeremiah Timbut Useni Rejects Election Outcome, Heads To Tribunal
The main opposition candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Plateau State, Senator Jeremiah Useni has rejected the final outcome of the result of the gubernatorial election and has vowed to reclaim his mandate in the tribunal.
He also assured the citizenry and the teaming party supporters in the State that the party will pursue the matter diligently.
Useni stated this while addressing journalists in Jos, the State Capital.
Text Of Press Briefing By The Plateau Pdp Governorship Candidate, Distinguished Senator Jeremiah Timbut Useni
Gentlemen of the Press.
It has become necessary to address you following the announcement by INEC of the results of the Re-run election conducted yesterday in nine Local Government Areas of the State.
1. As the PDP Flag bearer, I convey my profound appreciation to the people of Plateau for their massive support to me and the party as their preferred alternative for the good governance of our state;
2. I thank you very much for putting up with all manner of challenges as you cast your votes again and again to get rid of a non-performing administration that has long turned its back against your welfare and security;
3. I assure you that such massive support will not go in vain;
4. My team and I have gone through both the official results released by INEC and the documents submitted by our own field staff;
5. We have every reason to believe that justice has so far not been done to our people in this election, because of massive rigging and electoral shortcomings;
6. After due consultation, I hereby state that the results announced by INEC are not acceptable to us;
7. Consequently, we have requested our legal team to activate all the due processes to reclaim our cherished mandate;
8. I give you my word that we will pursue this matter diligently, and by the grace of God, we will overturn and recover the people’s mandate;
9. The *Restoration* Agenda is for the soul of Plateau State, until its glory is restored;
10. I thank all leaders, stakeholders, members and supporters of the PDP for their commitment, hard work and sacrifices so far. Your labour will not go in vain;
11. I appeal to all of us to unite all the more now and avoid any bickering and blame-giving;
12. Unity of purpose must be the source of our strength;
13. Let us remain focused on the struggle and avoid anything else that will distract and divide us;
14. I want you to know that it is not yet over. This is only a temporary setback. We have entered another critical stage;
15. Let us stand together for God and for Plateau State.
Thank you and God bless you all.
SUNDAY MARCH 24, 2019.