Dr. Ghazzoul will keynote AHRC's Refugees' Awareness Day Presentations and Reception on October 26:
On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 6 p.m., the American Human Rights Council (AHRC-USA) will be hosting a special Dinner Reception regarding the world's refugee crisis, one of the most pressing crises in recent memory. The reception will be held at the Greenfield Manor Banquet Hall located in Dearborn, Michigan.
The American Human Rights Council (AHRC-USA) is pleased to announce that Dr. Nahed Ghazzoul, an assistant professor at Al- Zaytoonah University in Amman, Jordan will serve as the reception's special guest and keynote speaker. Dr. Ghazzoul's is internationally recognized as an authority on the subject of refugees, especially the Syrian refugees. She has participated in numerous forums and international conferences related to this most pressing challenge facing the modern world.
Dr. Ghazzoul Qualifications
- Dr Ghazzoul is a Syrian activist, who is in direct contact with Syrian refugees in Jordan, working in person, and with two volunteer teams. She tirelessly helps refugees in the educational, medical and relief issues. She was the Advocacy Consultant at the Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) 2016- 2017.
- She participated, as a Syrian Acadimc in the EU Conference on: National Stakeholder Dialogue, July, 2017, and talked about the problems facing the education of the Syrian refugees and Syrian academics. Additionally, she was invited by British Council, AL-FANAR MEDIA and SPARK, to be an academic panellist where she gave a talk on "Helping Syrian Youth Gain Access to Education" during the session "Syrians Speak Out".
- She represented the Syrian refugees in Jordan in the ICRC Forum "Special Workshop of the Humanitarian Efforts in Supporting of the Civil and Local Society", April 2017, and in ICRC &JRCS Amman Humanitarian Forum 2016, "Assisting War Victims - Humanitarian Options", where she presented a paper on "Humanitarian Choices for the Syrian Refugees". In her paper, she demonstrated the refugees' current situation, highlighted the hardship they face, and suggested solutions.
- Currently, she attends a workshop "Tahdir Masar", hosted by the European Union, and directed by the Spanish Government. It aims at empowering Syrian leaderships to the after war era.
- She is also a member in de Mistura's political negotiation room 2017.
The October 26 Dinner Reception include special presentations and the screening of a documentary highlighting the refugee crisis and its impact on America and the rest of the world. The events of the day will provide the attendees a deep understanding of the refugee crisis today and will be a rare opportunity to hear from Dr. Ghazzoul and learn from her expertise.
AHRC calls upon friends, supporters, community organizations and anyone interested in human rights to help support this important event to help spread more awareness and education about the pressing refugee crisis. Call 313-790-8453 or Email: [email protected] for more information or/and to join the event.