Being A Communiqué Released By The National Leadership Of Federation Of Ekiti State Students' Union As Report Of The Courtesy And Familiarization Visit To The Ekiti State Commissioner Of Police Dated 29th November, 2016
In the bid to safeguard and protect the interest of the general students of Ekiti, the National Leadership of Federation of Ekiti State Students' Union paid a courtesy and familiarization visit to the Ekiti State Commissioner of Police in person of CP Wilson Inalegwu.
The Union appreciated the Commissioner of police and welcomed him to Ekiti State the fountain of knowledge and source of Agriculture as a mainstay of Nigeria Economy. The Union through the National President briefly introduce to the Commissioner of Police that his (FESSU President) led administration is very much concerned with protecting the interests of the over five million Ekiti students home and diaspora.
The Union advised the commissioner of Police to always respect the rule of law during the course of discharging his duties in the state and avoid indiscriminate oppression of students leaders and further maintained that in the bid to protect the interests of Ekiti Students there is a need for proper security relationship with the State Security Agencies. He assured the Ekiti State Police Command that Ekiti students are law abiding and won't encroach on the duties of any of the security agencies.
The Commissioner of Police in his response appreciated the courtesy and familiarization visit and advised the Union leaders to be a good ambassadorial portraits in Ekiti Students. He further advised against bad conduct, and advised for responsibly social interactions without forgetting our primary assignment in school. He further requsted for the support of Ekiti students in securing lives and property by partnering with the police with solid assurance that he won't compromise our security for any reasons. He made a solid assertion with a saying that "Collectively, we can make our society better". He assured Ekiti students of continuous support from him and his colleagues and charged Ekiti students to support the cause for eradication of social vices in Ekiti state.
The Union demanded for Police-Students' Relationship Forum as a mean of securing the Ekiti Students lives and property. The Police-Students' Relationship Forum is expected to see the Ekiti State Police Command supporting members protective measures of the FESSU National Leadership.
The Commissioner of Police, in response to the Police-Students' Relationship Forum demanded from him welcomed the idea and promised to support the platform with radio and television programs for security tips and other forms of protective measures for eradication of social vices as proposed by FESSU.
The Union appreciated him on behalf of the entire FESSUites at home and diaspora.
Our Collective demands are as follow:
1. Immediate attention of the State Police Command on issues of security pertaining to Ekiti Students living off campus at all higher institutions within Ekiti.
2. Police-Students' Relationship Forum.
3. Strict adherence to rule of laws in the conduct of Police Officers in Ekiti most especially in performing their constitutional duties.
In attendance are:
1. Comr. ADEWUMI Idowu Peter - National President
2. Comr. ADEMILUYI Ayodele - National General Secretary
3. Comr. DARAMOLA Temidayo - National Assist. General Secretary
4. Comr. AROWOLO Samuel - National Public Relations Officer
5. Aare AKOMOLAFE 'Jide-Petkoff - National Chief Press Secretary
6. Comr. IDOWU Ebenezer - P.A to the National President
7. Comr(Miss) DAVID Damilola - National Auditor
8. Comr. OJO Isaac - National Financial Secretary
9. Comr. OGUNJOBI Omolayo - Member
The National Leadership remain persistent in securing and projecting the welfare of Ekiti State Students'.
Comr. ADEWUMI Idowu Peter
FESSU National President
Comr. ADEMILUYI Ayodele
FESSU National Gen. Sec
Comr. AROWOLO Samuel
FESSU National P.R.O
Aare AKOMOLAFE 'Jide-Petkoff
FESSU National CPS