Global experts to present at the 2nd “Kuwait International Health Safety and Environment Conference and Exhibition” (2nd KIHSE-2017)
The second annual edition of the “Kuwait International Health Safety and Environment Conference and Exhibition (2nd KIHSE – 2017) ( www.KIHSE.com ) is drawing an increased interest from local and international public and private sectors, and consolidating its position as the leading HSE event in the Arab Gulf region.
The event, which is an initiative by the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) and its subsidiaries, will take place on 15 and 16 February, 2017 in the Regency Hotel and Conference Centre in Kuwait City. It will be held under the main theme, “Meeting the Challenges Ahead”.
According to KPC, “The 2nd KIHSE-2017 will be an official platform for exchanging ideas, developing new business and consolidating strategies, standards and policies for the future. It will be building on the success of the inaugural edition of the conference (KIHSE-2015) which was held in February 2015 and hosted more than 700 delegates from over 180 regional and international companies across 27 countries.”
The 2nd KIHSE-2017 has equally attracted a huge interest from the oil industry in Kuwait and the GCC region, as well as other business sectors. It has become a major drive for HSE awareness across all economic and social activities in the country, creating a culture of commitment to a healthy, safe and environment friendly society.
On the other hand, the conference and exhibition is attracting a growing number of specialized companies and innovative businesses because of the opportunities it presents within the lucrative market of Kuwait, one of the biggest oil producers in the world.
With real value, insight into the key areas and excellent business opportunities, 700 delegates and dozens of speakers from all over the world are expected to join the conference, along with a large number of exhibitors and sponsors. Hundreds of local, regional and international companies, government agencies and organizations, including major international oil companies (IOCs) will be represented.
A large number of internationally renowned experts will gather to give their insight and support Kuwait’s efforts to develop its resources.
Leading the confirmed conference speakers are:
- H.E. Anas Al Saleh, Deputy Prime Minister and Acting Oil Minister, Kuwait
- Nizar M. Al-Adsani, Chief Executive Officer, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
- Mohammad Husain, President and CEO, EQUATE
- John Raine, Vice President, QHSSE, Weatherford, Houston, USA
- Mohammad Ghazi Al Mutairi, Chief Executive Officer, KNPC, Kuwait
- Sheikh Nawaf Al-Sabah, CEO, KUFPEC, Kuwait
- Brent Pasula, Senior Vice President, HSSE, Petrofac, Dubai, UAE
- Sergey Peresypkin, Director HSE, Baker Hughes, Dubai, UAE
- Eamonn Naughton, Group Head of Operational Risk, Process Safety Engineering & HSE, BP UK
- Justin Hughes, Managing Director, Mission Excellence, UK
- Steven Flynn, HSE Expert and Former Head of Group Safety & Operational Risk, BP, UK
Along with a long list of prominent experts in the oil and gas and HSE sectors.
Solid programme and topics
The Conference programme includes three plenary sessions on the first day. On the second day, the conference will include three themed tracks for Health, Safety and Environment. The main objective is to provide an in depth coverage of the key topics related to the strategic and technical development of a sustainable HSE culture.
The plenary sessions will focus on the HSE management practices and strategies in general and will provide a platform to discuss strategic topics like:
- HSE and Sustainability;
- Toward a cleaner and safer industry;
- Investing in HSE.
The three other tracks will provide a set of sessions with highly strategic topics presented by major international experts in the HSE field. The sessions in the Safety track will cover:
- Compromised for cost optimization – a practice to avoid;
- Ensuring an effective fire safety strategy;
- Fundamentals that define safety.
Sessions in the Health track will discuss a number of occupational health and public health themes like:
- Investment in health for long-term sustainability;
- Increasing profitability through enhanced employee wellbeing;
- Preparing for the worst, planning for the best.
The Environment track will focus on the latest and most modern measures and practices used to promote awareness toward ecological issues like:
- COP21 and its impact on the oil and gas industry;
- Looking after our coasts;
- Managing water and waste water resources.
Participants are expected to include, in addition to KPC and its subsidiaries, a large number of international and regional oil and gas companies, regional national oil companies, HSE consultants and suppliers; oil and gas service providers, non-governmental organizations and academic institutions.
Additionally, the 2nd KIHSE conference, will be conducting several activities that aim to inform and educate students and younger members of the audience about the advantages of having proactive and forward-leaning HSE policies and effective management systems, according to KPC sources.
An adjacent specialized exhibition will showcase the latest in HSE technologies and services. This exhibition will boast national, regional and international companies, providing them with the opportunity to present their latest products and services.
The 2nd KIHSE-2017 is an initiative by KPC, and is organised in collaboration with Global Events Partners Ltd (GEP), a major UK-based event management company affiliated to the dmg::events network.