55 Boko Haram Suspects Declared Wanted By Dhq
BEVERLY HILLS, November 22, (THEWILL) – The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has unveiled photographs of 55 suspected Boko Haram terrorists whom it has declared wanted.
Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, who unveiled the photographs at the headquarters of the Theatre Command, in Maiduguri, Borno State, called on Nigerians to join in the search for the terrorists.
The total number of wanted terrorists now stands at 257 as 202 insurgents had been declared wanted in two batches last year.
“With this launch of additional photographs of wanted Boko Haram terrorists, it is hoped that the public and other peace loving citizen will provide information that will aid in ridding the society of these terrorists and criminal elements,” Olonisakin said.
Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, revealed that many of the 202 terrorists declared wanted had either been killed or arrested during operations as he called on Nigerians with information about the suspects to provide it, saying such information will be treated with utmost confidentiality
He said the Army had achieved significant progress in the fight against the terrorists by degrading their combat power as well as decimating their ranks restating that 60 per cent of the remnants of the terrorists were not Nigerians and appealed to citizens to contribute to efforts to flush them out of the country.
“We have earlier, in the course of our campaigns against the insurgents from late 2015, published two editions, comprising 202 individuals that have been identified as key members of the Boko Haram insurgents,” he said.
“In the course of our counter-insurgency operations, quite a significant number of these wanted terrorists have either been killed or arrested.
“Those arrested have been providing useful information that has assisted the Army undertake successful operations.
“No item of information is too little or should be ignored.”
Story by Oputah David