Converged Infrastructure: Dell Unveils New Systems And Solutions
- Dell Validated System for Virtualization delivers on the promise of service-defined infrastructure, resulting in the industry’s most flexible converged system to-date1
- Dell Solutions for VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes for desktop and application virtualization delivers a simple, elastic and efficient hyper-converged solution optimised for virtual machines
- Support for VMware Blast Extreme remote protocol for Dell Wyse Windows-based thin clients for increased flexibility and management
- Dell Financial Services named preferred financing partner for VMware
Bracknell, UK – August 30, 2016 - At VMworld® 2016 , Dell today ushered in the next phase of the multi-billion dollar converged systems market with the introduction of the Dell Validated System for Virtualization, the industry’s most flexible converged system to-date.1Dell also announced new client virtualization solutions with enhanced performance for demanding power users and VMware has selected Dell Financial Services as its preferred financing partner.
Next generation converged systems for virtualized environments
A growing number of organisations are attracted to the benefits of converged systems, which combine compute, storage and networking components for simply deployed and managed systems. However, the majority have not yet realised their goals because they demand a higher degree of flexibility and simplicity that moves beyond rigid hardware-defined converged offerings. Dell’s service-definedinfrastructure approach uniquely addresses these challenges and the need for improved infrastructure agility and simplified systems management. In support of this approach, Dell today unveiled:
- The new Dell ValidatedSystem for Virtualization, allowing customers of all sizes to accelerate their journey towards converged infrastructure. Enabled through robust automation and extensive testing and validation, it is the most flexible converged system in the industry.1 The system incorporates a wide range of form-factors, technology choices and deployment options, right-sized to fit each customer’s needs. A fully validated system can be configured, quoted and ordered in minutes, while automated lifecycle management tools allow customers to easily deploy, scale, and update the system.
- A fully customisable, modular, self-service hybrid VMware cloud, as a proof of concept for customers moving beyond virtualization to cloud. The Dell Validated System for Virtualization, with the addition of the VMware vRealize® Suite, allows efficient delivery of services and enables an organisation to gain greater control of IT resources. The combination of VMware vRealize and Dell’s automated provisioning across physical and virtual environments makes it easier for customers to plan and operate their own cloud.
New powerful client virtualization solutions for end-user computing
Dell is expanding its clientvirtualization solutions for VMware to provide customers with the manageability, flexibility and performance they require in their virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) environments. These include, though not exhaustive:
- The next-generation of the DellPrecision Appliance for Wyse,which offers a new configuration based on the Dell PowerEdge R730 server and the NVIDIA Tesla M60 GRID 2.0 graphics card for demanding power users from a variety of organisations including the oil and gas industry or engineering and construction firms. This solution offers customers higher user density with up to 32 users per appliance.
Dell is introducing two new security solutions to provide organisations with a superior layer of advanced threat protection to an already secure computing environment, DellData Protection | Threat Defense for Windows Embedded (WES) thin clients and Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise for persistent virtual machines. These solutions provide organisations with advancedthreat protection powered by Cylance that spans from the endpoint (including thin clients, traditional PCs and even Mac OS systems) to the data center, ensuring that all facets of an organisation’s Windows-based VDI environment are protected.
“Organisations are looking to Dell to provide them with true end-to-end client virtualization solutions that are easy to plan, deploy and run – and take the guess work out of VDI,” said Akin Banuso, Dell Nigeria Country Manager. “The Dell VDI Solutions for VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes with Horizon and support for Blast Extreme remote protocol on Windows thin clients gives our customers solutions that are tailored for their environment, as well as high performance and manageability.”
- The Dell Validated System for Virtualization will be released in September 2016 under directed availability with planned general availability in Q4 of 2016.
- Dell Solutions for VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes for Horizon and Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode is currently available in the United States and select countries around the world.
- Support for VMware Blast Extreme remote protocol is available today on the Wyse 5020 and 7020 thin clients, and will roll out to other WES-based thin clients this fall.
- The Dell Precision Appliance for Wyse and Dell Data Protection | Threat Defense for WES thin clients are now available in the United States and select countries around the world.
- The Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise for persistent virtual machines will be available in select countries in September 2016.
- The Dell Financial Services solutions for VMware are available in the United States with other regions to follow in the coming months.
The latest Dell and VMware End User Computing Solutions can be found here .
More details on Dell and VMware virtualization solutions can be found here.
Join us Oct. 18-20 at Dell World 2016 , Dell’s flagship event bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow # DellWorld on Twitter.
1 Based on Dell internal analysis of publicly available data from competitor websites, August 2016.