Alleged EFCC quiz: Enugu State sets records straight on Pastor Sam Iyiogwe
The attention of the Enugu State Government has been drawn to the media report alleging that ” a Senior Special Adviser to Enugu State Government on Special Duties” was quizzed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for embezzlement of over N200 million.
In order to put the records straight, which is the hallmark of this administration, we wish to state as follows:
– That Pastor Sam Iyiogwe, is not a Senior Special Adviser to the Enugu State Government on Special Duties as was reported.
– That he is one of Senior Special Assistants that were recently appointed in March this year by the State Government and to the best of our knowledge, he has not handled any financial transaction of the government other than receiving his monthly salary.
– That he was elected two-term Chairman of Nkanu East Local Government Area of the state which started on January 4, 2012 during the past administration of Mr. Sullivan Chime and ended on January 4, 2016.
– That the allegations leveled against him have to do with his stewardship during his tenure as Chairman of the council and have nothing to do with his current appointment in this present administration.
-That we are not unmindful of the resolve by a few persons to attempt to distract the government but we remain focused bearing in mind the goodwill the state government enjoys from the people.
– That the State Government will remain committed to zero tolerance for corruption and continue to support the EFCC and other related agencies in its fight against corruption in the country.
Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media.