'Ekiti PDP Elects New State Executive Members
Ekiti PDP elects new state executive members The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State has elected a former Commissioner for Information in the state, Gboyega Oguntuase, as the new chairman of the party in the state.
At a congress held in Adetiloye Hall at Fountain Hotels in Ado Ekiti, 13 others were also elected as members of the state working committee of the party. Oguntuase scored 554 votes while to defeat his opponent, his Mr Victor Mebuseye, who garnered a total of 34 votes.
Other officers elected at the congress were Olu Adebayo, who emerged as the deputy chairman; Pastor Tope Adejorin, secretary; Anthony Falade, treasurer; Yemisi Afolabi, Women Leader; Rotimi Adekola, Youth leader, Ayò Oladimeji, organising secretary; and Mr. Jackson Adebayo who returned unopposed as the publicity secretary of the party. The congress attended by Senators Biodun Olujimi and Duro Faseyi, lawmakers and members of the state House of Assembly, was witnessed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as well as security agencies.
Among others, Chief Henry Ikoh, Mr. Diran Odeyemi and Ayò Aluko-Olokun were among the delegation from the national secretariat of the party which organised the election. The INEC spokesperson in Ekiti State, Alhaji Taiwo Gbadegesin, commended the conduct of the delegates and said after the congress that the report of the exercise would be presented to the commission as the constitutionally prescribed umpire of the congress.
Also speaking on the congress, Chief Ikoh described the conduct of the delegates as "commendable and worthy of emulation" and explained that "the congress was devoid of any rancour as the delegates elected the candidates of their choice."
In his remarks, Odeyemi said thanked the delegates "for making the job of our committee easier through their peaceful conduct and the orderly election through which the delegates emerged." The newly elected members of Ekiti State PDP State Exco
1. Barr Gboyega Oguntuase - chairman
2. Joseph Olu Adebayo - Dep. Chairman,
3. Pastor Tope Adejonrin - Secretary
4. Alhaji Gani Bankole - Vice Chairman (South)
5. Mr Tunji Kayode - Vice Chairman (Central)
6. Hon Sunday Gbuyiro - Vice Chairman (North)
7. Mr Rotimi Adekola - Youth Leader
8. Mr J.K. Oni - Financial sec,
9. Mr Gbenga Fatoba -Treasurer
10. Mrs Yemisi Afolabi - Women Leader
11. Jackson Adebayo - Publicity Secretary
12. Barr Sunday Olowolafe - Legal Adviser
13. Hon Ayo Oladimeji - Organising Secretary
14. Francis Ayodeji - Asst Secretary (Central)
15. Julius Adebisi - Asst Org Secretary
16. Mrs Bimpe Adeleke - Asst Auditor
17. Otunba Lekan Akinyede - Ex-Officio central
18. Mrs Atinuke Agbebunmi - Ex-Officio (female central)
19. Hon Femi Robinson - Asst Secretary (North)
20. Abiodun Akanbi - Asst Legal Adviser
21. John Adewumi - Asst Financial Secretary (North)
22. Segun Ayeni - Ex-Officio (Male North)
23. Mrs Folashade Oguniyi - Ex-Officio (Female North)
24. Barr Adewumi Adebayo - Asst (Secretary south) 25. Alh Mutahiru Lateef - Asst PRO 26. Eric Adeyemi - Asst Treasurer 27. Olumide Ajanikin - Ex-Officio 28. Mrs Bosede Bakare - Ex-Officio (female south)