Communique Issued At The New Year Get Together Of The Akwa Ibom Young Professionals Leadership Initiative (AK-Pro) Held At La Mems Hotel On Friday, January 15, 2016
At the New Year Get Together of the Akwa Ibom Young Professionals Leadership Initiative (AK-PRO) held on Friday 15th January 2016 at La Mems Hotel, Nkemba Street, Uyo, it was resolved as follows;
• That the Akwa Ibom Young Professionals Leadership Initiative reiterates its vision to provide a platform for young people to participate in shaping the collective destiny of our people by engaging in politics and political issues.
• That the Akwa Ibom Young Professionals Leadership Initiative also reiterates its resolve to also engage in activities aimed at promoting the wellbeing of its members through engaging in professionally beneficial activities to aid in the growth of its members both at the professional level and those in entrepreneurship.
• That AK-PRO participated effectively at all levels to ensure the success of His Excellency Governor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel at the 2015 polls.
• That there is a need to draw a roadmap for the future of AK-PRO in line with its resolution to stand firmly on the DIVNE MANDATE given to His Excellency Governor Udom Emmanuel.
• That AK-PRO stands resolute on its resolve to continue the support it has given to the government of Akwa Ibom State under the leadership of Governor Udom Emmanuel.
• That AK-PRO believes in the independence of the judiciary and believes the outcome of the Supreme Court judgment will be in the best interest of the people and according to the rule of law and judicial practice.
• That AK-PRO thanks His Excellency for appointing some of her members into various capacities in government and that she has a pool of human resources available to the administration.
• That the capacity development programmes of His Excellency for the teeming Akwa Ibom State youths in various industries are applauded and this is in line with the vision of His Excellency to create jobs in Akwa Ibom State. Noteworthy in the list of these laudable initiatives are the training of Akwa Ibom State youths in ICT, the AKEES Initiatives (Enterprise development Initiative), the Dakkada Attitudinal Rebirth Initiative etc.
• That the Divine Mandate of His Excellency is anchored on Justice and Equity that it is the turn of Eket Senatorial District to produce the governor of the State.
• That we urge His Excellency not to be deterred in his drive to translate his vision for Akwa Ibom State into reality.
• That AK-PRO remains united in this resolution and wish the good people of Akwa Ibom State a prosperous and peaceful 2016.