562nd PSC meeting on the mandate of the AU High-Level Implementation Panel (AUHIP) on Sudan and South Sudan
The Peace and Security Council of the African Union (AU), at its 562nd meeting held on 10 December 2015, adopted the following decision on the mandate of the AU High-Level Implementation Panel (AUHIP) on Sudan and South Sudan:
1.Takes note of the briefing provided by the Commission on the activities of the AUHIP;
2. Recalls its earlier communiqués and press statements on the activities of the AUHIP, including communiqué PSC/PR/COMM.(CDLXXVII) adopted at its 477th meeting held on 18 December 2014, which extended the mandate of the AUHIP until 31 December 2015;
3. Commends the AUHIP and its members, namely former Presidents Thabo Mbeki, Abdulsalami Abubakar and Pierre Buyoya, as well as the support team, for their untiring efforts towards the full implementation of the mandate of the Panel;
4. Decides to extend the mandate of the AUHIP for another period of twelve (12) months;
5. Requests the AUHIP to present to Council a comprehensive report on its activities as soon as possible;
6. Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.