How Prophet T.B Joshua Warned Earlier On Invasion Of Lagos By Boko Haram Members
When a prophet speaks, the wise would listen. Interestingly, the Shepherd in charge of Synagogue Church of All Nations, Senior Prophet T.B.Joshua gave a prophetic warning two months ago that the dreaded sect, Boko Haram, has infiltrated Lagos state and that government should be on the alert to abort their deadly mission.
During a courtesy visit by some government officials including my humble self to his office two months ago, he told them categorically that Boko Haram is in Lagos and that all hands should be on deck to thwart their deadly mission in Lagos.
According to him, it would be quite disastrous if they successfully carry out their suicide bombing attack in Lagos. He said that through prayers and vigilance on the part of government, sooner or later they will be exposed but stated categorically that they are already in Lagos.
Thus, it wasn’t a surprise when the State Security Service, SSS, stated that it arrested over a dozen Boko Haram leaders in the past two months including nine in Lagos and one in Enugu State.
The SSS, also known as DSS, said this in a statement by its spokesperson, Tony Opuiyo, on Sunday, August 30, 2015.
Mr. Opuiyo said “the sudden influx of Boko Haram members into Lagos State points to the determination of the sect to extend its nefarious terrorist activities to the State and in fact, other parts of the country.”
The Boko Haram, whose terrorist activities has caused the death of about 20,000 people, has only carried out attacks in Northern Nigeria, particularly in the north-east.
According to the spokesperson, “the arrest of these confessed terrorist elements has however helped in no small measure to avert devastating attacks in the area.”
“In line with the Department of State Services’, DSS, re-strategised Counter Terrorism measures to combat the menace of the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria, the Service has continued to make significant breakthroughs in this direction. This followed the rounding up of notable commanders and frontline members of the notorious group from different parts of the country. It should be noted that the group’s new pattern of movement and spread is necessitated by the pressure being put on them in their core areas of strength in the North East.
2. Consequently, a number of them have been arrested in Lagos, Kano, Plateau, Enugu and Gombe States between July 8 and August 25, 2015. Of particular note was the arrest on July 8, 2015 in Gombe State of those responsible for the coordination and execution of the suicide attacks in Potiskum, Kano, Zaria and Jos. They are:
Usman SHUAIBU (a. k. a. Money):
3. SHUAIBU revealed that he coordinated the attacks under reference with the sum of N500,000 which was provided by his Amir, one Isa ALI. He claimed that the said Isa ALI has links to the leader of the Boko Haram sect, Abubakar SHEKAU, from where he collects monies to fund operations undertaken by their Markaz. Also, he revealed that he has participated in several Boko Haram attacks, including the attacks at Gwoza Divisional Police Station in 2014.
4. SHUAIBU admitted being the leader of the team of nine (9) sect members that was dispatched from Sambisa Forest to carry out the attacks. He disclosed that four out of the nine of them were used as suicide bombers in executing all the (suicide) attacks.
Ahmed MOHAMMED (aka ABUBAKAR):
5. Suspect, an IED expert, confessed to the preparation of the IEDs used for the mentioned attacks. He also averred that he was the one who strapped the suicide bombers, notably SULE and his wives, with IED vests, which they used in the attacks in Jos.
Adamu ABDULLAHI (aka Babpa)
6. Suspect confessed that Usman SHUAIBU motivated him to work closely with Ahmed MOHAMMED (aka ABUBAKAR) in the preparation of the IEDs used in the attacks under reference.
7. Suspect confessed that he was the one who carried out reconnaissance on the targets in Jos ahead of the attacks.
Muttaqa YUSUF (aka Mohammed SANI/Mudtaka):
8. Suspect disclosed that one ALIYU, believed to be Aliyu GOMBE, in Sambisa forest, was the one that ordered the serial attacks which the syndicate carried out. He further confessed that he assisted Usman SHUAIBU in planning and executing the said attacks.
9. Other arrests include:
i. Bakura MODU:- He was arrested on July 20, 2015, at Kara, Isheri Berger, Ikeja LGA, Lagos State;
ii. Mustapha Alli JAMNERI:- He was arrested on July 24, 2015, at Gowon Estate, Egbeda, Alimosho LGA, Lagos State;
iii. Abuyi SHERRIFF:- suspect was arrested on August 7, 2015, at Ebute-Metta, Lagos Mainland LGA, Lagos State;
iv. Babagana ALI and Babagana KOLOYE:- were arrested same day (August 7, 2015), at Eric Moore, Bode Thomas Street, Surulere LGA, Lagos State;
v. Abba Modu SAGMA: He was arrested on August 9, 2015, at Ijora Badiya, Apapa LGA, Lagos State;
vi. Grema ABUBAKAR and Tijani BAGUDU: were arrested on August 10, 2015, at Amukoko, Ijora Badiya, Apapa LGA, Lagos State;
vii. Baba Alhaji and Abass IBRAHIM:- were arrested earlier on the same day (August 10, 2015), at Alaba International Market, Alaba, Ojo LGA, Lagos State;
viii. IBRAHIM AUDU: Suspect was arrested on August 192015, at New Artisan Market, Enugu, Enugu State;
ix. Ibrahim HARUNA: The 30-year old suspect from Kanawa village, Sumaila LGA, Kano State was arrested on August 21, 2015, at Kwomi village, Kwami Local Government Area, Gombe State;
x. Mal Ali MOHAMMODU: The 33-year-old suspect was arrested on August 22, 2015, at Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Fagga LGA in Kano State;
xi. Adam Wakil Abdul JILBE: was arrested on August 23, 2015, at Obanikoro Area, Mushin LGA, Lagos State; and
xii. Mohammed USMAN: was arrested on August 25, 2015, at Atuashe Estate, Gbagada, Kosofe LGA, Lagos State.
10. Nigerians and indeed the general public have to note that the arrest of Usman SHUAIBU aka Money and the core members of his cell, stemmed the spate of bombings by the extremist sect. It would be recalled that MONEY and his group were arrested on their way to Bauchi State where they had planned to execute another heart-rending bomb attack and this was frustrated by the arrest.
Furthermore, the sudden influx of Boko Haram members into Lagos State points to the determination of the sect to extend its nefarious terrorist activities to the State and in fact, other parts of the country.
The arrest of these confessed terrorist elements has however helped in no small measure to avert devastating attacks in the area. However, the Service is making efforts to conclude its investigations and commence prosecution of the suspects.
11. Drawing from the above, the DSS reiterates its avowed determination to work with other stakeholders in the fight against terror and other forms of criminality in our country. Citizens and residents are therefore called upon to rise to the occasion by volunteering useful information to the Service and relevant security agencies”.
Department of State Services
- Femi Oyewale