Champions League draw: Arsenal to play Bayern Munich
Arsenal will face Bayern Munich in the Champions League for the third time in four seasons after being drawn against the German club in the group stage.
Manchester United will play PSV Eindhoven, with Dutch striker Memphis Depay set to face his old club.
Chelsea play Porto, the club Blues boss Jose Mourinho steered to a shock victory in the competition in 2004.
Manchester City face Juventus, Europa League winners Sevilla and German side Borussia Monchengladbach.
Each team will play six fixtures in the group stage, with the first match days taking place on 15 and 16 September.
All four English clubs avoided drawing either defending champions Barcelona, or Real Madrid, who have won the European Cup 10 times.
- Group A: Paris St-Germain, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmo
- Group B: PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, CSKA Moscow, VfL Wolfsburg
- Group C: Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray, Astana
- Group D: Juventus, Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Monchengladbach
- Group E: Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, AS Roma, BATE Borisov
- Group F: Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Olympiakos, Dinamo Zagreb
- Group G: Chelsea, Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Maccabi Tel-Aviv
- Group H: Zenit St Petersburg, Valencia, Olympique Lyon, Gent
Borussia Monchengladbach: Finished third in the German league last season. City have been drawn with a Bundesliga team in all five Champions League groups they’ve participated in.
“Our opponents could not be more illustrious,” said Moenchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl. “This is a huge challenge, but we are looking forward to it because we can measure ourselves against the best.”
Juventus: Reached the final last season, where they were beaten by Barcelona, and are the current Serie A champions.
“We are Juventus and must not fear anything or anyone,” said Juve chief executive Giuseppe Marotta.
Sevilla: Unai Emery’s side won the Europa League for the second year in a row and finished fifth in La Liga last season.
Manchester City director of football services Brian Marwood said: “Historically in the previous four years it’s been difficult for us to get out of the group because we have had tough draws. This is no different.”
The post Champions League draw: Arsenal to play Bayern Munich appeared first on THE RAINBOW NEWS ONLINE .