TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

President Buhari Condemns Attacks On Worship Centres, Says FG Will Defend Freedom Of Worship

Source: thewillnigeria.com
Listen to article

SAN FRANCISCO, July 05, (THEWILL)  –  President Muhammadu Buhari said on Sunday that he received with sadness, news of the dastardly bomb attack at a church on the outskirts of Potiskum, Yobe State earlier in the say.

A statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said “President Buhari deeply regrets the unfortunate loss of lives in the attack and commiserates with all those who lost loved ones in the incident which also caused needless injury to others and damage to the church building.”

The statement added: “The President wholly condemns the resumption of attacks by terrorists on places of worship which are highly revered places of prayer and communion with God for most Nigerians.

“Nigerians are a very religious people and President Buhari believes that the terrorists who wantonly attack our places of worship have willfully declared war on all that we value, and must therefore be confronted with all our might and collective resolve.

“The President reaffirms his administration's total commitment to doing everything possible to eradicate Boko Haram, terrorism and mindless extremism from Nigeria in the shortest possible time.

“President Buhari assures all Nigerians that terrorism will ultimately be defeated and full security restored in all parts of the country for people to safely practice their respective faiths with liberty wherever they may reside in the nation.

“The Constitution gives all Nigerians that right and the present Administration will deploy all required force and resources to protect citizens' right to freedom of worship.”