NEEDI Asks Your Urgent Contributions To #SaveBorno, Rehabilitate IDPs And Boko Haram Victims
NEEDI, a Nigerian registered NGO, full name, Noble Educational and Empowerment Development, is asking for your urgent support in cash and kind for the thousands of desperate victims of Boko Haram terror.
NEEDI is one of a few organizations whose self-sacrificial members and volunteers have put the needy over themselves, contributing from their personal pockets, their time and love and risking their lives to bring support to the victims across the northeast. As someone who has been fortunate to be involved in some of the activities, I am compelled to make this urgent call on the group's behalf to all goodly and God-loving Nigerians and people across the globe, blessed with the capacity to respond to the call of the people of Borno, Yobe, Adamawa and other affected parts, through this message and other legitimate groups rendering the desperately needed support to those in a situation we pray never to be in. Contact and donation information is at the bottom.
From NEEDI: Brief On NEEDI’s Activities
Noble Educational and Empowerment Development Initiative (NEEDI) is a non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-cultural organization that was purposely incorporated by a group of dedicated individuals to assist the victims of Boko Haram insurgency in North-Eastern Nigeria. The rising attacks in parts of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states has resulted in massive influx of IDP’s from different towns in the affected states into different locations within and around northern Nigeria.
NEEDI is envisioned with the following mission;
- Education of orphans and the exposed children especially girl child through enlightenment schemes and providing support to the affected communities.
- Economic empowerment of victims affected by Boko Haram through provision of capital in form of small grants or soft loan with family heads and widows as beneficiaries.
- Promoting peaceful co-existence among community members through advocacy, mass mobilization and enlightenment campaigns.
- Enrollment of Almajiris in northern Nigeria into formal education through advocacy and collaboration with relevant government agencies and other development partners as well as private sector.
- Promotion of Gender Equality by conducting conferences and seminars involving educational experts, professional health workers and social movement activists.
As part of our humanitarian gesture, we have provided support to 300 IDPs in Kano in collaboration with another CSO on 7thof March, 2015 and about 500 IDPs in Yola, Adamawa state on 15th of March, 2015. NEEDI also offered a Disaster Management Sensitization work-shop free of charge to stakeholders and members of other NGOs during the organization’s launch in Abuja on the 30th of April, 2015. Currently NEEDI is in the process of giving a small business startup capital to about 100 victims of Boko Haram insurgency in Maiduguri, Borno state. The beneficiaries will predominantly be women i.e. mothers of orphaned children.
In this regard, NEEDI hereby solicits for your support to enable it sustain/achieve its mission of helping the needy.
Donations in the form of cash should be deposited into the following account:
Name of Bank: Guarantee Trust bank, CBD, Abuja, Nigeria
Name of Account: Noble Educational and Empowerment Development Initiative
Tel: +234 8035 270 50, +234 8123 969 30
Dr. Peregrino Brimah; http://ENDS.ng [Every Nigerian Do Something] Email: [email protected] Twitter: @EveryNigerian
12 Attached Images : Slide show