APC USA: After Skype & Investigations, Senator Binta Garba passed APC Diaspora Background Check for Senate President
According to Wikipedia, “background checks are often requested by employers on job candidates for employment screening, especially on candidates seeking a position that requires high security or a position of trust , such as in a school, hospital, financial institution, airport, and government. These checks are traditionally administered by a government agency for a nominal fee, but can also be administered by private companies. Background checks can be expensive depending on the information requested. Results of a background check typically include past employment verification, credit history, and criminal history.
“These checks are often used by employers as a means of judging a job candidate's past mistakes, character , and fitness, and to identify potential hiring risks for safety and security reasons. Background checks are also used to thoroughly investigate potential government employees in order to be given a security clearance . However, these checks may sometimes be used for illegal purposes, such as unlawful discrimination (or employment discrimination ), identity theft , and violation of privacy .”
APC Diaspora Skyped with Senator Binta Garba, May 1st, score sheets were unavailable immediately. House rules to support candidates for positions, must meet certain requirements , including consulting independent private company, specialized in security and background checks, Diplomatic Security Services (with distinct experience in Nigerian investigations) to carry out the background checks with terms of reference, similar to above and as practiced in United States. Term of reference also included 7days timeframe. Diplomatic Security Services finding revealed, Senator Binta aspiring for the #3 position in Nigeria made grade A = 89%. According to the company, she would have earned higher scores, but some certain search tools were not available in the country at this time.
Senator Binta made an impressive outing, while she skyped with the international secretariat, Answered 10 questions in 60 minutes. At this session; was time conscious, soft spoken, displaced professionalism, understanding of lower and upper house chemistry, actions and reactions, including a complete knowhow of Nigeria homogeneous society, She remarked, “even if l don’t pick it at this time, while believing in God that l shall, nothing stops me from achieving my dream as a privileged and bona fide Nigerian”. Insisting on providing “timely services with healthy options”, enhancing the fulfillment of community independency, as applicable to the most vulnerable, women and children, very dear to her heart; this is my path and calling, and smiled. In our overall observation, Senator Binta is full gifts and energies for emancipation of Nigeria, not limited to National Assembly and diaspora.
In view of all the aforementioned, it will be more meaningful to enumerate her record card:
- Seasoned Politician, Businesswoman, Administrator, Philanthropist, Humanitarian and a trained marketer. In 2004 attended Harvard Kennedy School of Government – Harvard University (Public Financial Management);
- A recipient of an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Theology from Smith Christian University, Miami, Florida;
- Worked at New Nigeria Newspapers in Kaduna as an advert officer in the Advert and Marketing Department having earned an HND in Marketing from the Kaduna Polytechnic.
- 1999/03 representative of Kaduna South Federal Constituency in Federal House of Representatives, the youngest Federal legislator in Nigeria in 1999;
- In 2007/11 representative of Madagali/Michika Federal Constituency in Federal House of Representatives;
- First woman party chairman ( APC) in Nigeria; Adamawa state
- 28 May 2015, won the Senate seat of Adamawa North Senatorial District by winning in 3 local government areas of the 5 LGAs in the zone;
- The first politician to represent two different Federal Constituencies at the National Assembly; First parliamentarian to start the poverty alleviation program for the women and youths in 2003 when she was representing Kaduna South Federal Constituency;
- In 2009 elected as the first Vice President of Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP) under Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) in Cameroon;
- The only female Senator-Elect in all the 19 Northern States of Nigeria in the recently poll
- 2015 election won a Senate seat against a seating Governor, Bala James Ngilari;
She soliloquized her well-articulated heart desire hereunder, with the secretariat:
- Creation of North-East Development Commission, specifically to rebuild the region, including Chibok ravaged community by Boko Haram Islamic sect; vehemently condemned terrorism in the area. At this instance, she paused for a few second, again softly spoken this is my dream come through aspiration, importantly, to bring needed services to my dilapidated zone and wrap up the 60 minute session, emotionally said “we dearly need it and hope to get it.”
The more reason why, Queen Amina of Arewa - Senator Binta Garba’s report card and unequivocal qualities should pick delegates unanimously support, hence, enable her the position of the highest echelon and be part of national history. Remarkably all credits goes to All Progressives Congress (APC)/General Muhammadu Buhari’s administration. We enjoin senators to ignore sentiments and employ athletic spirit.
Francis John, +1.816.359.8527
APC Diaspora International Secretariat
Email: [email protected]