I am still in the PDP says Tambuwal
Despite obvious signs, coupled with his body language, Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, Monday evening said he is still a member of the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP).
He however expressed regret that despite being a member of the party's National Executive Committee (NEC), he was not invited to a reconciliation meeting hosted by Tony Anenih in Sokoto on Monday.
According to a statement by his spokesman, Imam Imam, Tambuwal was invited , that same day, to a Sokoto state stakeholders meeting by Governor Wamakko, which he (Tambuwal) attended.
Adding that several Sokoto indigene without political affiliations attended the meeting.
Below is the full text
Due to various media inquiry about the purported defection of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, we wish to state the following:
1. That today, Monday, 20/10/2014, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tony Anenih, led other members of the party on a reconciliation meeting in Sokoto but the Speaker of the House of Representatives and a member o f the NEC of the PDP, Rt. Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal CFR, was not invited to the meeting.
2. That Rt. Hon Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal was later invited by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko, to attend the meeting of their political family to discuss the political future of Sokoto State.
3. That the Speaker, Rt. Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, duly obliged and attended the meeting.
4. That the meeting had in attendance prominent Sokoto citizens many of who have no known political affiliation. The most notable been the Sardauna of Sokoto and former Minister of Finance, Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji.
5. That consultations on the Speaker's political future continues and the outcome will be made public at the appropriate time.
Malam Imam Imam @imamdimam
Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs
The post I am still in the PDP says Tambuwal appeared first on Pointblank News .