Lagos APC Youth Leader Charges Youth To Build Their Capacity To Bring About Change
The youth leader of the Lagos State All Progressives Congress, Mr. Omotayo Sanyaolu has called on the Nigerian youth to build their capacity to bring about change.
He revealed this while delivering a speech yesterday on Building The Youth To Be Builders - Who Is Responsible.
In the short but concise speech he delivered at a youth event organized for Nigeria's Democracy Day yesterday in Ikeja Lagos, Mr. Omotayo while speaking to fellow youth stated that 'Nigeria can be a better place for you and I tomorrow only if we build ourselves.
'And by building ourselves, I mean building our capacity to bring about change. Not through a lackadaisical attitude, but through a conscious effort to develop your resolve and attitude towards the greater good of the Nigerian youth.'
Mr. Omotayo charged the youth not to strive for individual success but for their community and Nigeria as a whole.
See full text of the APC youth leader in Lagos state below.
BUILDING THE YOUTH TO BE BUILDERS - WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?
A SPEECH DELIVERED BY OMOTAYO SANYAOLU, LAGOS STATE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS YOUTH LEADER ON THURSDAY 29TH MAY, 2014.
Good Morning Friends,
1. I congratulate Nigerians, most especially the Nigerian youth as we mark 15 years of uninterrupted democratic governance in Nigeria.
2. It has been a tortuous journey for the Nigerian youth. Robbery, murder, kidnapping and other vices have threatened our continued existence , but by luck or some mystic occurrence, we have remained together.
3. Today is as a result of the actions and inactions of yesterday's youth. Tomorrow will be defined by the actions and inactions of today's youth, hence the call for the Nigerian youth to build her capacity for the challenges ahead.
4. Speaking about our challenges which are enormous, do you know that; 20.3 million youths between the ages of 15-35 are jobless? Also, 10.8 million children of primary school age are out of school. This figure is the highest in the world.
5. I can continue to reel out the challenges we face as a country, but I won't bore you with the grim future that lies ahead.
6. However, changes can be made. Nigeria can be a better place for you and I tomorrow only if we build ourselves.
And by building ourselves, I mean building our capacity to bring about change. Not through a lackadaisical attitude, but through a conscious effort to develop your resolve and attitude towards the greater good of the Nigerian youth.
7. We can't keep complaining. We must all roll our sleeves and get to the trenches. We must get out hands stained, not by shedding the blood of the innocent, but by working side by side for the greater good of Nigeria.
8. You must get involved. The era of 'siddon-look' is over. You must strive to achieve success NOT for your family alone, but for the community, your state and Nigeria as a whole. There is more to life than having a good job, a nice car, a good house and all the good things of life. If the bubble should burst, all that you have acquired could be lost in a second.
9. My dear youth, we are colleagues in the fight for a greater Nigeria. You must act and the time to act is NOW.
10. Finally, I leave you with this quote from the book of Marianne Williamson titled A Return to Love and it reads: Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
11. Thank you!!!!!