Boko Haram: Military Needs To Do More, Says Borno Dep. Gov
SAN FRANCISCO, April 15, (THEWILL) â€' The Borno State Government has challenged the military to put in more efforts in the ongoing battle against Boko Haram insurgency in the country.
The state Deputy Governor, Alhaji Zannah Mustapha, made the call on Monday during the Gala night marking the 50th Anniversary celebration of the Nigerian Air Force in Maiduguri, saying though the military has tried tremendously to end the insurgency but more effort is needed to win the battle.
Mustapha, who noted that without the military, many people in the state, including him and perhaps the governor may have fled, said:
'We commend the role of the military in fighting the Boko Haram insurgency.
Your presence has made us to remain in the state.
Everyone would have fled if not for your presence.
Mustapha added: 'However, we will be happier if you can mobilise, uproot them and end the whole operation in the next two or three weeks, so that peace will return.
Praising the Nigerian Air Force for the role its men had played so far, the deputy governor said: 'NAF has been providing tactical support in military operations against the insurgents which has led to many successes.
He said the state government would continue to provide necessary support to the military in its numerous operations for the successful execution of its mandate.
Responding to the call, the Commander, NAF 79 Composite Group, Maiduguri, Air Commodore Nurudeen Balogun , praised the state government for its support so far, saying the government has made his men so comfortable to do their job.