Communique APGA NEC Meeting 6th April, 2014.
The National Executive Committee (NEC) of our great party met today at the Hotel De Bently, Utako District, Abuja.
The meeting was well attended.
1. NEC commends Hon. Justice Abdulkadir Abdul-Kafarati of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on his incisive and brilliant judgment delivered on Wednesday 15th January, 2014 in Suit No. FHC/ABJ/CS/563/2013 Chief Maxi Okwu & Others V Chief Victor Umeh & Others. The Party will use the judgment to now re-cover its soul and re-focus and re-brand.
2. NEC notes the time table for the 2015 general election released by the Independent National Electoral Commission. We concede that INEC is constitutionally empowered to issue time table and schedule of activities for general election. However, the party urges INEC to maintain the old practice of consulting political parties before taking a decision.
3. NEC reconfirms and further resolves the earlier decision taken on 16th February 2013 and on 22nd March 2013 at the one year anniversary of the demise of our Late Leader and Icon Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu. That he remains our symbol and leader the fact of his transit to glory notwithstanding. His wife and next of kin Iyom Bianca Odumegu-Ojukwu is hereby adopted as the living embodiment of his ideals. She shall in his stead be acknowledged as LEADER.
4. That the Board of Trustees of APGA be inaugurated with initial 24 members who will be meeting in two weeks time in line with provisions of Article 10 and Article 11 Sub (10)(3) of APGA Constitution to elect their Chairman and Secretary.
5. That the National Caucus be constituted in accordance with the provisions of Article 10 Sub (11) and Article 11 Sub (11) of APGA Constitution.
6. NEC resolves that the era of one man being Chairman/Treasurer/Publicity Secretary/Administrative Officer and Electoral Agent at Federal, State and LGA elections is over.
To this end NEC mandates the National Chairman to immediately set in motion the process for the establishment of the administrative organization of the party in tandem with Article 14 of the Party Constitution.
7. NEC further approves the Constitution of the following Standing Committees under Article 15
i. Finance – under the Treasurer
ii. Contact and Mobilization
iii. Publicity – under the Publicity Secretary
iv. Administrative Secretary
v. Director of Organization
vi. Director of Research/ Publicity
vii. Director of Finance.
MR. STANLEY CHIRA
Acting National Publicity Secretary