TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Over 165 Boko Haram Suspects Regain Freedom Courtesy Of President Jonathan

Source: thewillnigeria.com
Listen to article

BEVERLY HILLS, CA, January 10, (THEWILL) -  Freedom has come for over 165 suspects arrested and detained by security operatives in connection with the four-year-old Boko Haram insurgency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States.

Their freedom came on the order of President Goodluck Jonathan, according to a statement signed by the Director of Defence Information, Major General Chris Olukolade.

'Over 165 persons apprehended in the course of military operations on terror in three states in the North-East are to be released from custody in compliance with Presidential directive.

'The suspects are those earlier recommended for release by the Joint Investigation Team, (JIT) set up by the Defence Headquarters last year.

'Of the number, 157 are from facilities in Borno, 9 from Yobe and one suspect from Adamawa,' the statement said.

Olukolade said other detainees, particularly women and children, have benefited from similar gestures which started in May last year.

'More suspects in this category are also to benefit in the present exercise.

'The suspects will be released to their respective state governments,' Olukolade said.