9th Screen Nation Film And Television Awards 2014
The Screen Nation Film & TV Awards returns for it's annual ceremony dedicated to celebrating outstanding achievements and diversity on the British screen.
Themed under Nigeria @100 and hosted by the gorgeous LA based British Nigerian actress Caroline Chikezie(The Sweeney, Footballers Wives, Inale) and the Godfather of Nigerian comedy, the hilarious Ali Baba; this year's prestigious event takes place on Sunday 23rd February 2014 at the 4 star Park Plaza Riverbank hotel.
As the UK's only international Awards ceremony rewarding culturally diverse talent working in film and TV, the 9th annual edition celebrates the achievements of British talent as well as stars from around the world with a star studded award ceremony, live entertainment and after show party. Past award recipients include Hollywood legends Whoopi Goldberg and Morgan Freeman as well as top tier UK talent, Idris Elba, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Naomie Harris, Lennie James and Noel Clarke.
The Screen Nation Film & TV Awards is proud to announce that this year's Honorary & Major Awards will be bestowed upon the following recipients
Outstanding Contribution Bill Duke The veteran actor/prod of Predator, Deep Cover etc
Classic Film (International) Do the Right Thing Spike Lee's classic New York set movie
Classic TV (International) The Cosby Show 30th Anniversary of the US comedy classic
Classic TV (UK) Desmond's 25th Anniversary of C4's most successful comedy
The full list of categories and much sought after nominations will be revealed in early January 2014 and ceremony highlights screened in UK, Europe & across Africa from mid March on Vox Africa (Sky218).
The Screen Nation Film & TV Awards was founded by Charles Thompson MBE, an international Film Producer with over 20 years experience in the film & TV industry. Charles said “the last 12 months have been a stellar year for world class cinema involving African British talent and one that finally signals their critical breakthrough to full international recognition. With many coming from a British Nigerian heritage I am delighted to celebrate the achievements that British talent have to offer as Screen Nation joins with them to celebrate the continued development of cultural diversity in the coming Nigerian centenary year of 2014”
2014 marks the 100th year of the creation of Nigeria, the effervescent home of Nollywood cinema, giving extra cause for celebration. The Creative Director of the 2014 Awards is the renowned Nigerian born, British based director/producer Obi Emelonye, the man described as bringing the magic of Nollywood to the world. Screen Nation will play host to the Nigeria High Commissioner and a host of British based Nigerian heritage Olympic & world sporting champions, titans of business and finance, crème de la crème of Nollywood alongside many more from the worlds of politics, media and high society.
The 9th Screen Nation Film & TV Award will be held on Sunday 23rd February 2014 at the Park Plaza Riverbank, 18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ
● Limited VIP tickets for this exclusive event can be purchased exclusively online at Screen Nation website www.screennation.com. (early bird 20% discount until early Jan 2014)
● Media Partners: OK! Nigeria, Scene TV, Colourful Radio, Vox Africa, BEN TV and Nollywood Movies (more to be confirmed)
● Sponsors & Partners: BBC, Google, Afrinolly, Arik Air, Ultimalt, Tama ra Event Designers, DooWebDev, Grey Type Media, Spotlight Media World Services, The Nollywood Factory, Amosu, J2 Konsults (more to be confirmed)
● Broadcast Partner: Vox Africa (Sky218) - The show highlights will be broadcast mid March 2014
● The Screen Nation Film & TV Awards is the leading European organisation rewarding and promoting excellence in the Black film & TV sector. The primary aim of the Awards is to raise awareness by providing a platform to acknowledge and celebrate the talents of British and global film and television professionals of African Diaspora heritage.
● The Screen Nation event is fully recognised by the industry and has evolved over the years to become a prestigious key event in the UK show business calendar.
● Charles Thompson son of one the UK's first African barrister's is the Founder & CEO of Screen Nation and is an Independent Producer with over 20 years experience in the UK film & TV industry. He has worked in a producing capacity in major TV drama, has produced many short and feature length narrative films, with many winning awards, and most recently worked as a Producer on the multi award winning Nollywood family films, The Mirror Boy and disaster thriller, Last Flight to Abuja the two most successful African/UK produced films ever released in UK cinemas.
● Charles Thompson was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List 2011 for his services to the global black film industry. On receiving the MBE Charles said: ' 'Thank you your Majesty, it feels good to know the Ancestors have guided me well enough to have finally taken a piece out of the British Empire'
● Charles co-founded and served as Festival Director for one of Europe's premier Black film showcases, the now annulled bfm International Film Festival.
● Charles is a founding member of the New Black Film Collective, the former Chair of the Alliance of Black Media Professionals, a Millennium Awards Fellow, a member of the Roundhouse Centre Creative Advisory Panel and has been honoured twice by former London Mayor, Ken Livingstone for his contribution to London life.
ALI BABA GOOD FYER
SNA14 FLYERN SMALL