PDP Retains Tukur As Party Chairman, Interim NWC Appointed; GEJ Wins Confidence Vote
SAN FRANCISCO, June 20, (THEWILL) - The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Thursday in Abuja retained Alhaji Bamanga Tukur as the party’s National Chairman.
NEC also approved an interim acting National Working Committee (NWC) for the party following the mass resignation of officers who were not properly elected.
NEC, which held its first meeting in over one year, also passed a vote of confidence in President Goodluck Jonathan, declaring that it was evident that Nigeria has made significant progress in many sectors under his leadership.
In the confidence motion moved by Senator Ibrahim Mantu and unanimously adopted by all members of the committee at today’s PDP NEC meeting, the party commended President Jonathan’s “resolute and decisive tackling” of Nigeria’s security challenges which, it said, had curbed terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria, particularly in the North-East geo-political zone.
The PDP also applauded ongoing reforms and development in the country, especially those in the agricultural, aviation, transportation, and education sectors, saying that it was apparent that President Jonathan’s Agenda for National Transformation is being diligently implemented and that Nigerians are better for it.
The party also commended President Jonathan’s strict adherence to the rule of law as well as his protection and defense of the constitution.
“The President is discharging his mandate to the appreciation of Nigerians that overwhelmingly voted for him in the 2011 general elections.
“It is therefore in view of the above that members of the National Executive Committee of our great party do hereby pass a vote of confidence in the President, Commander-In-Chief, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR,” the motion stated.
Members of the new interim acting National Working Committee are
1. Ag. Deputy National Chairman, Hon. Chibudom Nwuche
2. Ag. National Secretary, Dr. Remi Akintoye
3. Ag. Deputy National Secretary, Sen. Emma Agboti
4. Ag. National Organizing Secretary, Yusuf Hamisu Abubakar
5. Ag. National Publicity Secretary, Tony Ceaser Okeke
6. Ag. National Legal Adviser, Simon D. Jok Esq
7. Ag. National Youth Leader, Barr. Tanko Beji
8. Ag. National Woman Leader, Barr. Oyibo Nwaneri
9. Ag. Deputy National Legal Adviser, Barr. Yau Kwadon
10. Ag. Deputy National Youth Leader, Hon. Peter Adefunmilayo
11. Ag. Deputy National Auditor, Nasiru Ibrahim Birchi
12. Ag. Deputy National Women Leader, Mrs. Torkwase Ajoh
13. Ag. National Treasurer, Mohammed Dandari
14. Ag. Deputy National Organizing Secretary, Onyemaechi Ikechukwu Jideofor
15. Ag. Deputy National Financial Secretary, Hon. Awalu Gwalabe
16. Ag. Deputy National Treasurer, Chief Augustine Lugbenwei
17. Ag. Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Calib Yahaya
18. Ag. Ex-Officio Chief Akin Taiwo
19. Ag. Ex-Officio Tope Ademiluyi
20. Ag. Ex-Officio Chief Mike Akinfenwa
21. Ag. Ex-Officio Hon. Gbenga Oduwaiye.