Attack on Emir: No arrest made yet, says JTF
Contrary to reports credited to Kano State Deputy Governor, Engr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje that some suspects have been arrested in connection with last Saturday's gun attack on the convoy of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, the Joint Task Force in the state said on Monday that no arrest has been made so far.
Ganduje was quoted in the media as saying that some arrest were made in connection with the attack in which three people - the Emir's palace guard, his driver and an Interim Management Officer of Kumbotso Local Government Area were killed.
The Spokesman of 3 Brigade Kano and media coordinator of JTF, Captain Ikedichi Iweha, told journalists that he was not aware of any arrest in that regard.
He said, 'As I speak to you, no arrest has been made. If there were arrest, we would have informed you immediately.'