NASARAWA STATE GOVT BLAMES ATTACK ON PRESIDENT ON OPPOSITION
Nasarawa State Government has blamed opposition parties in the state for the attack of President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday last week. A press statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr. Timothy Anjide, said government would deal decisively with anybody found causing trouble in the state.
Anjide further explained that security men had been directed to ensure that they were up and doing in the discharge of their roles of preventing crime and protecting the lives and property of the people and ensure that the perpetrators of these ungodly acts were brought to book.
The statement further stated that state government would continue to ensure that the lives and property of thecitizens were protected and urged the general public to go about their normal businesses without any fear of molestation.
It also said the perpetrators of the acts had done that to embarrass the state government during the flag-off of presidential campaign of PDP for the North-central zone in Lafia, the state capital.
Anjide also sent a letter of unreserved apology from the people and government of Nasarawa State to President Goodluck Jonathan over the attack and assured that the perpetrators would be brought to book to serve as deterrent to others.
The government also condoled with the families of those who lost their lives in the skirmishes and prayed God to grant them eternal rest and the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.