Addressing Constraints & Accelerating Growth through Excellent Supply Chain and Responsive Logistics Strategy
1. Singapore, 8th February 2011 –The 2nd Annual Africa Ports, Logistics & Supply Chain Conference will kick off in Accra, Ghana on the 24th – 25th February 2011, and will build on the success and outcomes of the previous event held in Accra, Ghana in 2009.
2. This is an annual international platform for regional port regulators, industry project developers, technology and solution providers, project financiers, development banks and funding agencies to gather and brainstorm on the dynamics, trends, challenges and opportunities in the global and regional shipping, ports, logistics and supply chain industry/business, as well as share experiences and formulate corporate strategies to address challenges for long term growth in the region.
3. As the industry shifts focus to meet the probable developments in 2011 and with shipping going at full steam ahead given the recovery and stabilization in global/regional markets, it is necessary now to address the challenges and recognize the opportunities for shaping up to avoid shipping out, a need that has become critical as the region seeks a central role in the global freight traffic through the development of port hubs against the background of the critical role ports play in the international/regional logistics/supply chains.
4. In addition to providing a forum under one roof where participants will be able to access regional regulators and industry influential decision makers towards exploring business opportunities, establishing partnerships, facilitating trade, business & investment, the event will equally provide updates on regional projects as well as advise on best policy options for the projects.
5. The Summit is hosted under the patronage of the Ministry of Transport Ghana and the Ghana Ports & Harbour Authority. His Excellency, Hon. Collins Dauda (MP) Minister of Transport Ghana will officiate the opening of the event. Other influential and renowned industry speakers who will speak at the event include; Mr. Nester Galley, Director General, Ghana Ports & Harbour, Mr. Mervin Chetty, General Manager, Transnet Ltd, Durban, South Africa, Mr. Jerome Ntibarekerwa, Secretary General, Port Management Association of Eastern & Southern Africa, Mr. Magnus Teye Addico, Secretary General, Maritime Organization of Central & West Africa, Mr. Lluis Paris Oliu, Commercial Manager, Port of Barcelona and many more.
6. GcNet, the operator of the customized electronic system for processing trade and customs documents is one of the sponsors of the Summit.
7. Says the CEO of the conference organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd, Singapore, Ms. Maggie Tan, “ Magenta Global is honored and humbled to organize again what has become the region's premier conference for the Ports, Logistics & Supply Chain Sector, which emphasizes Magenta's commitment and focus towards making the region an investment –friendly destination. The conference will facilitate information, experience and knowledge exchange channeled not only to address challenges currently standing in the way of the region and businesses adapting supply chain to meet the requirements of the increasing trade links and freight traffic in the region, but also to protect market share, improve market penetration and drive renewed growth”
8. The event will be hosted at La Palm Royal Beach Hotel, Accra, Ghana.