The Wrath Of God And Our Ancestors Will Decimate A Certain Political Mafia Scavenging To Undermine The National Chairman Of The APC
Gentlemen of the press, we welcome you to another press briefing, recall we addressed a similar press conference about two weeks ago on the same sundry issue connected to a diabolic design to malign the image and character of Chief J. E. K. Odigie-Oyegun- the National Chairman of the APC when The Nigerian Tribune published the issue in its front page of its 15 th June 2015 edition.
The Nigerian press has been a-washed in the last two weeks with mischievous moves to oust our indefatigable son and brother – Chief J. E. K. Odigie-Oyegun, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC); and the latest being “eight Governors seeks Chief Oyegun’s resignation as National Chairman of the APC for alleged bribe collection over Sen. Saraki and Rt. Hon. Dogara’s emergence”; and as one of the custodians of Niger Delta peoples values and aspirations; it has become incumbent on us to warn the mischievous news speculators and their sponsors to desist forthwith from their unholy tendency to undermine the unassailable character and democratic credentials of Chief Odigie-Oyegun which manifestly contributed in the emergence of the APC as the new governing party of Nigeria.
Our worry is that among the eight Governors being touted in the press to be rooting for Chief Oyegun’s impeachment is the Comrade Governor of Edo State – Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. Paradoxically; Comrade Oshiomhole is the Governor of Chief Oyegun’s home State; and from the Edo South district (the Benins) that passionately supported Oshiomhole’s emergence as Governor in the 2007 gubernatorial election.
Although the news amount to an unfounded rumor; but we like to warn with irredeemable resolve that
- Whereas, Chief John Odigie Oyegun emerged as National Chairman of the APC in 2014 based on the popular will of the APC, and eminently supported by Gen. Muhammadu Buhari; Chief Bola Tinubu amongst other leaders especially on account of his progressive political orientation, discipline and a consistent pedigree of integrity; and we endorsed his ambition on behalf of the Niger Delta people at home and in Diaspora because we knew he will uphold the sanctity of uncommon leadership and credibility. No body, no matter how highly placed can intimidate or truncate the legitimate aspiration of our son and brother – Chief J.E.K Odigie-Oyegun; because, he is an embodiment of humility, patriotic service, and an avowed advocate of dignity of labour. In the first place, the bribery allegation is the figment of the author’s imagination; because, it is alien to the astute credible-life style of the APC National Chairman; and we do here and now place a 21-days ultimatum to the Nigeria Guide of Editors to investigate the propriety of the allegation or cause same to be retracted.……..Else, we will take appropriate steps in defense of justice……..
- Whereas, we followed the intriguing upheavals that trailed the emergence of Sen. Bukola Saraki and Hon. Yakubu Dogara as Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively, against the APC anointed candidates in the floor of the National Assembly. Suddenly a neo-Mafia cabal emerged from the blues and seeks to make Chief Oyegun as a scapegoat in a struggle that he followed strictly at the behest of the party’s interests and resolves.
- We like to place on record that the Niger Delta region has been short-changed in the scheme of things as per political permutation of elective offices at the federal level; and rather than place merit and patriotic sacrifice on the front burner, what we see is attempt to witch-hunt the National Chairman because of the rumor that he is among the contenders for the post of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation SGF. When has it become an offence to aspire for a public based on credibility and loyalty? And as we speak, Chief Odigie-Oyegun has not expressed his interest for the post of SGF; as a dutiful party man, his approach to the rather contentious post of SGF is that “all powers belong to God”; and that the interest of Nigerians and that of the APC will guide leaders in making the choice of cabinet members into the Buhari Presidency. Assuming he is interested in the position, we will mobilize necessary support for him to get it; gone are the days when our people and region are blackmailed from seeking prominent offices because of a devious cabal.
- At the risk of being labelled a regional chauvinist, we make bold as to say that the Niger Delta region earnestly deserve the post of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation given the following breakdown of elective offices so far – President (North West) Vice President (South West), Senate President (North Central) House of Reps Speaker (North East), Dep. Senate President (South East), Dep. Speaker (South West).
- Based on the contemporary distribution federal posts above, it is only fair to cede the SGF to the South-South; unless the neo-Kaduna Mafia who are behind the vindictive blackmail against Chief Odigie-Oyegun are trying to ‘deregister’ our region from the geo-political configuration of Nigeria; and lest we forget, our region account for the over 80 percent of the nation’s monolithic economy.Edo State is the largest reservoir of Gas in Nigeria; and one of the least with federal presence in the federation.
We call on Mr. President and the Supreme leader of the APC – Muhammadu Buhari GCFR to bring his fair-minded-disposition of governance to bear by protecting Chief Odigie-Oyegun from the marauding political buccaneers who are trying to take advantage of the peace-loving National Chairman and undermine his rights to freedom of aspiration. We also call on the Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives to use their good offices to safeguard the sanctity of the ruling or governing party at the centre.
Abamojie Soboma Ajudua Esq. – National Secretary, NDENYLM.
Niger Delta Ethnic Nationality Youth Leaders Movement,#9, 1st Unueru Lane, off 1st East Circular Road, Benin City.