3 Kids Killed In Lagos Residential Fire

Source: thewillnigeria.com
Listen to article

SAN FRANCISCO, June 14, (THEWILL) – Three children of the same parentage have been killed in a Saturday night fire that razed an apartment in the Egbeda-Akowonjo axis of Lagos State.

Witnesses said the fire was caused by a burning candle lit as lack of stable electricity continues to take its toll on the populace.

The kids killed in the fire at No. 20 Fakoya Street, Vulcaniser Bus Stop, Egbeda-Akowonjo were identified as Ifeoma, 9; Emeka, 7; and Udeoma, 3, according to a report by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Razak Fadipe, confirmed the incident to NAN.

Fadipe said that the fire broke after the father of the children had gone to check on his wife, the mother of the children, in the hospital, where she had just given birth to their fourth child.

He said that the fire service was not called to the scene on time, and advised people to stop the use of candles to light up their homes.