From Intersociety Election Observatory Desk
1. There are widespread failure of card readers across the country. One of the prominent victims is Presd Jonathan Goodluck. Others are his wife Patience and Hon Dubem Obaze, APGA Senatorial Candidate for Anambra North. Presd Jonathan stood for 35 minutes waiting to be accredited, having arrived with his wife and mother at 9.10am. They left without being accredited at 9.50am. They were apologized to and called back for manual and waiver accreditation and they came back at 11am by INEC Chairman
2. Hundreds of thousands of under-age voters were accredited to vote in the Northwest and the Northeast this morning in defiance of the Electoral Act of 2010 and the 1999 Constitution, which clearly stipulate 18years and above as voting age. Prof Jega and his INEC having been severally notified of this by our group in writing, still went ahead and accredited them to vote. This is a clear case of aiding and abetting and fundamental breach of the law
3. The bomb blast that erupted close to a polling unit in Enugu is carefully designed by radical northern elements to scare away voters of the Southeast zone in order to trim down the votes and electoral strongholds of President Jonathan Goodluck, who is of Ijaw ethnic minority, but with Igbo Southeast strongholds. In Aba and other Southeastern parts, dangerous rumors have rented the air telling voters to stay indoors to avoid bomb blasts.
4. INEC and their materials arrived most parts of Southeast particularly Onitsha South, Onitsha North, Ogbaru, Aguata, Idemmili North LGAs in Anambra State, which arrived 12.noon. In many places, there are failure or absence of card readers
5. Senior police officers of Northern Muslim extraction posted in the Southeast appear to be on ethno-religious mission. At the 33 Police Station manned by CSP A.A. Adamu, he magisterially impounded all vehicles and seized their owners' PVCs; ordering them detained till election ends. It took fierce intervention of our own Comrade Justus Ijeoma before the DPO was saved from mob action; forcing him to rescind his ignoble action. It is feared that similar despicable actions may be repeating themselves in other Southeast places manned by the Northern Muslim police officers.
Board Chair, International Society for Civil Liberties & the Rule of Law