5 Signs You're in a Healthy Marriage
So, now that we've learned how to spot a relationship that's not worth keeping, how do we know for sure when we're in one that is? Well, to start, these five signs should help:
1. You trust each other. At the risk of sounding dramatic, without trust the relationship is usually doomed. It's a must.
2. You can be yourself. This is especially wonderful when you just start dating someone you really like and don't have to follow a set of rules, whether it's texting him back immediately/not texting him back immediately or accepting a last-minute invitation to hang out. You both do what you feel, and it works.
3. You don't have to sacrifice your interests. So you like to crochet and he loves to fly-fish? There isn't a single reason either of you should give up your hobbies. A healthy relationship allows both people that freedom.
4. You are both equally supportive and appreciative of each other. There's nothing sweeter than a partner taking interest in something that's important to you, or remembering to congratulate you on your new job with a bouquet of flowers when you get home. Likewise, you know how to make him feel great about his promotion or turn his frown upside-down after a fight with his brother.
5. Sex is mutually fun and exciting. Both partners should enjoy sex equally. If that's not the case, you should still be able to talk about it openly (refer to tip # 2). Whatever it is that you like, he should want to do it, learn it, and perfect it (and vice versa).