PAN AFRICAN UNIVERSITY / ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE RECRUITMENT of RECTORATE STAFF
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia, February 13, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ -- The Pan African University (PAU) is a continental academic network of higher education institutions of excellence for postgraduate studies and advanced research. It is a flagship project of the African Union Commission (AUC), established by the decision of the Summit of Heads of State and Government of the African Union. The PAU's mission is to exemplify excellence and nurture quality in African Higher Education and Research. This will be done through world class programmes at Masters and PhD level, organized under five thematic areas, and hosted in existing Universities in AU Member States.
The five thematic institutes of the Pan African University are hosted as follows:
1. Western Africa: PAU Institute of Life and Earth Sciences, including Agriculture and Health at University of Ibadan in Nigeria
2. Eastern Africa: PAU Institute of Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology in Kenya
3. Central Africa: PAU Institute of Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences at University of Yaoundé II in Cameroon
4. Northern Africa: PAU Institute of Water and Energy Sciences (including Climate Change) at the Université Abou Bekr Belkaid Tlemcen in Algeria
5. Southern Africa: PAU Institute of Space sciences to be hosted by a country to be identified
The PAU hereby announces the recruitment of the Rectorate staff in the following positions:
Directors of Institutes
Senior Academic and Students Affairs
Senior Finance and Administration Officer
Senior Legal Officer
Applications must be made through the AUC E-recruitment website www.aucareers.com on or before March 22, 2014.