Enugu High Court Registrar dies close to wedding day

By The Citizen

The staff of the Enugu judiciary have been thrown into mourning following the death of one of the high court registrars, Miss Onyinyechukwu Eneh, close to her wedding.

The 35-year-old Eneh was billed to wed this Yuletide but died at the Annunciation Specialist Hospital, Emene Enugu on Dec 5, following a brief illness.

Her colleagues in their last respect at a ceremony at the Enugu High Court on Friday said her death at this time was painful.

The Chairman of the Enugu State Judicial Staff Union, Mr Chinedu Mba, said the most regrettable thing was the fact that she had concluded her wedding plans this month.

'Her death at this time is shocking,; she died a few days to her wedding,'' Mba said.

He described the deceased as a hard working and social person who never picked a quarrel even when offended.

'Eneh was a lady registrar, an easy fellow who never quarreled with anybody.

'She was about to wed this December although she has not communicated us on the date of the wedding before her death.

'Besides, most of our staff members have bought the “Asoebi'' (uniform) for the wedding. It is unfortunate that we have lost such a vibrant person in the judiciary,' Mba said.

A registrar and colleague of the deceased, Mrs Nneka Ajana, said she was fond of Eneh who called her mummy as a mark of respect.

She said Eneh had planned to wed her heartthrob, one Ejike Onyia, this Yuletide and had just concluded the marriage course in her church before her death on Dec 5.

'Eneh and her husband-to-be have planned to wed this Yuletide; they have just finished the marriage course in their church.

'We have lost a daughter, sister and mother in Eneh. May her soul rest in peace,' she lamented.

Another staff member, Mrs Ngozi Ogbodo, said she was particularly shocked at Eneh's death just when she had finished plans for her wedding.

She, however, rested the matter in the hands of God.

'God is the owner of life; since it pleases Him, who are we to query Him. May her soul rest in peace,' she prayed.