Top-Flight Speakers Confirmed For Education Innovation Summit
Leading academics, CIOs, regulators, NGOs, service providers, and EduTech entrepreneurs will convene at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Sandton, Johannesburg on the 17th of March 2016 for the upcoming 2016 Education Innovation Summit .
The Summit, which has been organised by IT News Africa and sponsored by Telkom , will see the following leaders discuss vital topics around the impact of technology on education.
Speakers to include:
· Tony De Sousa: Managing Executive – Solutions Business at Telkom
· Ike Kunene: Managing Executive – Government Business Services at Telkom SA SOC Limited
· Tonee Ndungu: EdTech-preneur, Kytabu Founder and CIO
· Lebogang Montjane: Executive Director – ISASA
· Riaan Jonck: Chief Executive – Pearson Education South Africa
· Sibongile Khumalo: Head of Operations – Bridge Innovation in Learning Organisation
· Omashani Naidoo: Operations Manager – SchoolNet South Africa
· Shyam Ranchod: Associate Director – Digital Advisory at Deloitte South Africa
· Sonja Giese: Director – Innovation Edge
· Gareth Mellon: ICT Programme Manager – Frost & Sullivan
· Micheal Goodman: Group Content Manager – Via Afrika
· Martine Schaffer: CEO – The Click Foundation
· Steve Cilliers: Managing Director – Oxford University Press Southern Africa
Purpose of the Education Innovation Summit:
At the administrative level, technology can make education systems more efficient by helping teachers and administrators streamline routine tasks and improve assessment and data collection. In the classroom, technology can be a powerful catalyst for pedagogical change, as students use technology to take a more active role in personalizing their own education, and teachers take on new roles as facilitators of knowledge rather than knowledge transmitters.
Technology also has the potential to transform education by extending the learning space beyond the four walls of a classroom. Although brick-and-mortar schools will continue to play a leading role in education over the coming decades, technology offers a variety of learning opportunities beyond the physical limits of school.
This summit will focus on cutting-edge technology solutions that have the potential to change the face of education, with particular focus on the application of these solutions within the African context.
The format of the summit is interactive with roundtable discussions and case studies from leading academics, CIOs, regulators, NGOs, service providers and EduTech entrepreneurs, all sharing their experiences on what works and what does not.
Topics to be discussed at the Education Innovation Summit include:
· The Role of Digital Technology in Education
· The MOOC Model: Challenging Traditional Education models
· Developing and implementing Education Policy
· How can technology drive down the cost of university education in Africa?
· Unlocking sustainable finance for education through nontraditional sources
· Best practice: Incorporating innovative tools in teaching and learning
· A vision for the school of tomorrow
· Investing in ICT for Education
· Connecting with the next generation of students through mobile and social media
For more information: visit: http://www.africaninnovatormagazine.com/education_summit.html
Contact: Tinashe on: Tel: +27 11 026 0982 Fax: 0866130386
Email: [email protected]