Casual worker stabs colleague to death

By The Citizen

The Police in Lagos have arrested a casual worker, Raphael Nwoye, for allegedly stabbing his colleague, Ifeanyi Onuoha, to death over a woman.

The woman, Ngozi Okpara, yesterday relived how Nwoye allegedly stabbed the late Onuoha on the head and back.

It was gathered that immediately Nwoye realised that Onuoha was dead, he rushed to his home on 3, Omolabake Adeoti Street in Ajao Estate, Isolo Local Council Development Area of Lagos, packed his belongings and attempted to flee.

Three men were said to have chased and caught him after a fight.

Nwoye, who was arrested by operatives of Isolo Police Station, has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID) at Panti, Yaba, Lagos.

Nwoye was said to have accused Onuoha of beating Ngozi, his girlfriend.

One of their friends invited them for settlement, but during the peace talk, tempers flared.

Nwoye left the peace meeting and returned with a kitchen knife with which he allegedly stabbed Onuoha on the neck and back. Onuoha reportedly died on the spot.

Yesterday, Okpara said she and Onuoha were inside his apartment when one Tony came to call him for the peace talk.

Okpara said: 'After a few hours, someone came and called me that my husband had been stabbed to death at Omolabake Street. I dashed to the scene. When I got there I met Ifeanyi in a pool of his blood. He was about to be evacuated by the policemen. My husband and Raphael both work at the same factory, Second Francis Warehouse.

'But early this year, Raphael came to our house and threatened to kill Ifeanyi. He told me to warn Ifeanyi, that whenever he comes across him, he would make sure he terminates his life. I warned Ifeanyi from relating with the suspect.

'I heard that Raphael's master is boasting that he is going to settle the police and bring Raphael out of detention,' said Okpara.

The command's spokesperson, Dolapo Badmos, a Superintendent of Police (SP), said the late Onuoha's body has been deposited at the Isolo General Hospital morgue.

She said investigations were ongoing.