DARFUR INTERNAL DIALOGUE AND CONSULTATION PLANNING WORKSHOP ORGANIZED BY UNAMID IN COLLABORATION WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF EL FASHER PEACE CENTRE FINAL COMMUNIQUE
EL FASHER (DARFUR), Sudan, February 20, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ -- FINAL COMMUNIQUE
We, the Doha Follow-up Mechanisms, convened at the Peace and Human Rights Studies Center of the El Fasher University on 18-19 February 2014, at the invitation of UNAMID, following deliberations on planning and preparation for the final process of the Darfur Internal Dialogue and Consultation (DIDC) and thorough discussionson how to prepare for this inclusive process, regarding the structure of the internal dialogue and consultation at the levels of Localities, States and the Region, preparation for the agenda, prioritizing issues to be discussed therein, are of the following views:
1. The necessity of following an effective and inclusive methodologyforthe dialogue and consultation, which is a process owned by Darfuris, towards resolving all issues at all levels;
2. To adopt method of dialogue and consultation and broad participation which is bottom up;
3. To reiterate the need to seriously seek resolution of sustainable peace and stability in Darfur;
4. To call for strengthening social peaceful co-existence among all components of Darfuri society by disregarding conflict and tribal fighting;
5. Although we recognize what our brother IDP/Refugees suffer in terms of injustice and the bitterness they feel, we urge their effective participation among Darfuri Civil Societyin the dialogue and consultation process to commence from bottom up to help accelerate peaceprocess and peaceful co-existence in Darfur;
6. Based on the willingness of Darfurians to realize peace, we call upon our sons in all armed movements to take practical steps to achieve peace;
7. Likewise, the Government of Sudan has to seriously pursue commitment to implement what was agreed on, in terms of agreements, and to seriously negotiate with non-signatories towards lasting and comprehensive peace, and to care for the rights of Darfuris in relation to security, development and stability;
8. Notwithstanding our appreciation for the efforts of the international community, international organizations and mediatorparticularlyUNAMID in alleviating suffering of Darfur people, we still seek further effort and pressure to be applied on all parties to reach lasting peace in Darfur as urgently as possible.
May Allah lead us to the success.
DARFUR FOLLOW-UP MECHANISMS
El Fasher,19 February 2014