Shekau Denies Ceasefire Deal With FG
SAN FRANCISCO, July 13, (THEWILL) – Abukakar Shekau, the wanted leader of the terrorist group Boko Haram, has denied claims by the Minister of Special Duties and Chairman of the Federal Government’s reconciliation committee, Mr. Kabiru Turaki, that the Boko Haram has agreed to a ceasefire deal.
The Minister’s claim was widely reported in the media a few days ago. Turaki said his committee had been meeting with the Boko Haram's deputy leader, Mohammed Marwan.
But Shekau in a video message he sent to reporters on Saturday said the Boko Haram “will not enter into any truce with these infidels…
“We will not enter into any truce with the Nigerian government."
Shekau, also warned that more schools would be burned down and destroyed, just like a boarding school in Yobe, which his group attacked about two weeks ago, where about 20 students and a teacher were killed.
"We believe in the massacre inflicted on the secondary school in Mamudo and Damaturu and other schools; we earlier warned that we are going to burn all schools because they are schools purposely built to fight Islam," he said.
Amaechi's Criticism: Jonathan Promises More Govt Goodies For South-south StatesThursday, January 29, 2015 President Goodluck Jonathan has admitted the criticism by Governor Rotimi Amaechi that his governmen ...
Fg, States To Cut Costs As Oil Price PlummetsWednesday, January 28, 2015 The Federal Ministry of Finance, the commissioners of finance and accountants-general of the 36 stat ...